Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhapsremote controlled?)

On 7/29/2013 6:34 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:07:50 -0700, Oren wrote:

We are not as young as we once were

Nor ever will we be!

I think I'll first tackle the other non-working ceiling fans
that are mounted on lower ceilings.

The key question I ask is whether there is a "universal" remote
control for fans, which I can test out to see if the fans respond?

There are universal kits. I don't know if a universal transmitter would
work with a Casablanca W-52 receiver, but even if it does, you have to
set the transmitter dip switches to match the receiver dip switches.
Since you have one working fan, why don't you drop one of the lower
fans, get to the W-52 receiver and see how the switches are set. Then
open your current transmitter and set those switches the same, then see
if it works. It may be that you only need to buy new transmitters