Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Battery Warranties

Would be nice. I can't get SP3, which is needed for some programs. I've
gone up one side and down the other, and have not found a way to make it
work.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 7/28/2013 9:19 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

I was perfectly happy
with XP, wish they would continue to support it.

So go back to it, doesn't matter if MS "supports" it or not.

Consider...

MS has been spewing out DOS/OS programs since the early 80s when they got
lucky and got an IBM contract. I never used their DOS systems but have used
Win 3.1, 95A, 95B, 98, XP and 8. They all needed "security updates". IOW,
over the last 20 or so years, MS couldn't come up with a secure, error free
OS out of the box. What makes you think their updates are any better?

My XP is SP3 and the only reason it is is because certain programs I use
needed it. Other than that, I have never installed any MS updates. And
when the free Win 8.1 becomes available I won't be getting it either; my Win
8 looks and functions like XP. Main difference between the two (on my box)
is that Win8 sucks up 16 GB - SIXTEEN GIGABYTES! - of disk space compared to
1 GB for XP. IIRC, Win7 uses about 7-8 GB.

Can you say, "Bloat?".