Mike at American Sycamore

Default Building Workshop Need Help

"TDUP" wrote in message ...
Hi to all,

I want to build a 24x32 workshop and was wondering what kind of flooring I
should use. I live in Michigan and it's cold 1/2 the year. Has anyone used a
concrete slab over a Styrofoam or some other type of barrier? What
insulation value should be in the ceiling or walls?

Thanks for any help.

Tim

Tim,

I can not recommend enough that you build a wooden floor. As I get
older I curse this darn concrete floor everyday. If I ever build a
new shop, it will have a wooden floor. I would use 2x 6 for the
walls and insulate as much as possible. Good luck,
Mike