Tom

Default Building Workshop Need Help

Tim wrote:Hi to all,

I want to build a 24x32 workshop and was wondering what kind of flooring I
should use. I live in Michigan and it's cold 1/2 the year. Has anyone used a
concrete slab over a Styrofoam or some other type of barrier? What
insulation value should be in the ceiling or walls?

Thanks for any help.

Tim

How about radiant heat in the slab? How about a wooden floating floor over your
slab? Maybe even install the floor on 2x6 sleepers so you can run dust
collection and electrical underneath? If insulation is worth doing, overdo it,
I say. I'm sure there are others here who'll help point you in the right
direction. G'luck! Tom
Work at your leisure!