Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rivet Removal?

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 14:26:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:18:08 PM UTC-5, leonard hofstadter wrote:
One of the shocks snapped off my truck cap/shell rear window. The rivet heads popped off where it fastens on the frame around window. The rivet seems to go through the weather-strip in the frame and there is nowhere for the remaining shank to go, drilling just spins it. Now what the @#$@ do I do? Thanks ;-p

Can you come in with a fairly large drill bit. say the diameter of the rivet head, and then come in at an angle and chew away at the rivet head sideways? I have been abl;e todo that a number of times.

A dremmel with a grindstone or milling cutter