Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ramsman Ramsman is offline

Default Math help :-)

On 27/07/2013 15:49, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Ramsman wrote:

On 27/07/2013 14:15, Tim Streater wrote:

Either way, once you have the formula, no spreadsheet is needed. I just
typed my formula straight into Google and it gave me the answer.

As we were always told at school, read the question. TMH said 'I want
to make up a spreadsheet to calculate this for any height "Y" and any
extension.' Hence my reply and my formula.

And I'm pointing out that you don't need one. For any given extension,
just get google to do it or use your handy pocket calculator. A
spreadsheet is overkill - unless you are learning spreadsheets. But then
we weren't told that.

'I want to make up a spreadsheet to calculate this for any height "Y"
and any extension.'

Perhaps you don't need one, but that's what he clearly asked for, so
that's what I gave him. Having set it up, you only have to enter the
values and recalculate each time.

--
Peter