Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Learning industrial robotics, any favorite robots?

On 7/25/2013 11:42 PM, RogerN wrote:
Looking at the jobs available for PLC and automation, one area that I need
to strengthen is in Robotics. The plant where I work uses some robots but
the work is all outsourced. We are shown how to jog the robots out of a jam
and restart it, but that's about it.

So I was thinking about looking for a bargain industrial style robot,
something I can use to learn about robotics. Any favorites as far as
friendly companies, online documentation, etc.? I don't want to buy a $1500
bargain robot only to find out there is no available documentation or it
requires high $$$ software or something. I'd like it to be something with
demand like Fanuc or ABB or other major industrial robotics manufacturers.

RogerN

My favorite robot was Rhoda, as played by Julie Newmar on the show "My
Living Doll".

David