Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Learning industrial robotics, any favorite robots?

On 2013-07-26, Karl Townsend wrote:

Its getting to be, A LONG TME AGO, but I made four GM Fanuc robots do
my bidding for a couple years. The control language was a computer
language most similar to Pascal (maybe nobody has heard of that
anymore) I went to GM for training and they also had a computer
program with robot simulator so you could test your code at your desk.

I remember Pascal, and I used it to write a serious suite
programs -- but it is not really a good choice for such. It was
designed as a teaching language, to make it difficult for you to engage
in bad programming habits. But in the process, it makes a lot of things
awkward to do. (This was a version of ISO standard Pascal. I think
that Borland's turbo Pascal, and UCSD Pascal were a bit more forgiving,
but I never used them.

Anyway, 20 years ago, I found writing programs for robots to be easier
than PLC programs.

I wounder how a machine control program which resembles Pascal
would be to work with.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: (KV4PH) | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564