Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment
Baron[_5_] Baron[_5_] is offline

Default Bright stripe on LCD display

DaveC Inscribed thus:

I would agree ! Probably a defect in the backlight tube/tubes.

I've seen dark bands before (burnt out tube) but never a bright band.
I suppose all but one could be dimmed...

Thanks,
Dave

The tubes blacken at one end more than the other, so the brightness gets
turned up to compensate causing a bright area at one side. Double tube
displays do the same but because one tube is at the top and the other
at the bottom the bright area tends to be towards one corner.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.