Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT - The real Trayvon Martin

On 7/26/2013 8:31 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

in flames. It saddens and worries me that now starving small local papers
just can't afford to maintain a remote bureau covering state news and so it
goes largely uncovered nowadays and that's not a good thing.

Heck I live in Indy where the state news IS home town news and I share
your concerns....

I am watching the effing History Channel now and it's all about Civil War
ghosts. I'd say that's proof we can't afford to dumb down the news for
people with IQ's on a par with my dog's. If they can't undestand that "he's
black" is just a description and not a racist comment, they need to smarten
up. The news doesn't need to dumb down. That way lies madness.

Actually in this case, it was the people who are supposed to smart
(Jackson, Sharpton, etc.) that were trying to make it into a racist
comment. I am less concerned about not slapping down the Great Unwashed
than those who are considered leaders.

I've seen plenty to disagree with from Jackson and, especially,
Sharpton, but I try to understand where they are coming from. Anyone
who thinks bigotry and prejudice are dead is a moron....Jackson and
Sharpton reacted much in the way they have when there was really
horrible treatment of blacks and, if it happened the same way 999,999
times one way, then the millionth time it was the same old same old.

I have known cops who were privately but open about being racist, and
one, especially, to an extreme degree. Now that it is not PC to hate
blacks openly, the bigots have gays and Muslims to hate.

I'm not retrying GZ/TM, but there are things about the event that really
don't make sense, starting with taking a drug screen from the SHOOTING
VICTIM and not the shooter! WTF! TM (according to coroner's report)
had a GSW straight and level into left side of sternum, at a right
angle...now, if I'm under someone with a gun in my holster, how do I
draw and fire a clear shot at such an angle? And if TM was "pummelling
GZ MMA style"(GZ being the MMA trainee), as one witness stated, how did
TM have only one 1/4" by 1/8" abrasion on his ring finger of his left
hand? If TM was ready to fight, why did he drop his cell phone and not
put it into his pocket?

GZ's whole record of phone calls to police, over about ten years, is
online in PDF format....how many times do you call the cops about
potholes? Geesh! His calls relate to his frame of mind and history, up
to time of shooting, of being on prescription drugs for anxiety. Having
been trained, with good grades, in criminology and neighborhood watch,
why was he alone, armed and following a suspicious party? Just plain
****ing stupid?

GZ had a history of violence...restraining order....wonder if we'll hear
from his girlfriend who was the plaintiff. If R.O. still in force, he
shouldn't be carrying a weapon in Florida. How did he get a permit with
history of violence? The civil case will be interesting.