Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Pushing their luck?

On 26/07/2013 13:52, bert wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
On 25/07/2013 14:30, Steve Firth wrote:
I spotted earlier today a company selling giant Lego blocks to be
used for
creating storage bays etc. I wonder if they may be sailing a bit
close to
the wind by calling their product Legioblock?

Legioblock is a registered trade mark, so the registrar obviously saw
no conflict in the names and Lego would have had an opportunity to
object before the name was registered.

I suspect that Lego is registered for games and playthings and
probably anything else they can actually justify by use but not for
building materials, unless they have a construction industry arm I
haven't heard of. If so, the building materials company could even
have called their product Lego without infringing the trade name.

Colin Bignell

Trade names are sector specific in China I beleive but not normally
elsewhere.

In the EU, there are 34 different classes of goods and 11 different
classes of services.

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-class-guide.htm

Colin Bignell