Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default Pushing their luck?

In message , Nightjar
writes
On 25/07/2013 14:30, Steve Firth wrote:
I spotted earlier today a company selling giant Lego blocks to be used for
creating storage bays etc. I wonder if they may be sailing a bit close to
the wind by calling their product Legioblock?

Legioblock is a registered trade mark, so the registrar obviously saw
no conflict in the names and Lego would have had an opportunity to
object before the name was registered.

I suspect that Lego is registered for games and playthings and probably
anything else they can actually justify by use but not for building
materials, unless they have a construction industry arm I haven't heard
of. If so, the building materials company could even have called their
product Lego without infringing the trade name.

Colin Bignell

Trade names are sector specific in China I beleive but not normally
elsewhere.
--
bert