Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Learning industrial robotics, any favorite robots?

Does the welding robot have the controller? I'm wondering about shipping,
how far away and any idea on weight? For learning purposes, I'm looking at
some little robots on eBay, like they use in schools for robotics training.
I'd prefer a more industrial robot but finding something low cost that works
nearby is the trick. I could take a college course with robotics but I can
learn more by buying a robot and reading the instructions, doing some
projects.

RogerN

Other than moving points, the robot waits for inputs, and fires
outputs. Programming is the simple part.

My son's robot and controller would weigh maybe 1000 lbs. so shipping
would be the main cost. send me your email if you're serious
karltownsendATembarqmail.com