Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Pushing their luck?

Mark wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 16:55:09 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote:
Are they exact but larger replicas of the interlocking mechanism?

They ate concrete rather than plastic so the blocks don't clip. The do have
eight pips per block like Lego.

I wondered about the name because Lego threatened to sue the Uni department
that I worked at in the 80s because we described a block histogram as a
"Lego plot". I got a personal letter from their legal eagles and had to
send them a signed apology for abusing the Lego(tm) trademark.

I find actions like this purplexing. I know they have a legal right
to do this but you naming a chart 'lego plot' is not going to harm
their business one iota.

Well it harmed their business slightly because I now refuse to buy Lego(tm)
products.

Two reasons really one was harassing me and my colleagues the other because
they reneged on their promise not to sell military models and toy guns.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/