Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Learning industrial robotics, any favorite robots?

Looking at the jobs available for PLC and automation, one area that I need
to strengthen is in Robotics. The plant where I work uses some robots but
the work is all outsourced. We are shown how to jog the robots out of a jam
and restart it, but that's about it.

So I was thinking about looking for a bargain industrial style robot,
something I can use to learn about robotics. Any favorites as far as
friendly companies, online documentation, etc.? I don't want to buy a $1500
bargain robot only to find out there is no available documentation or it
requires high $$$ software or something. I'd like it to be something with
demand like Fanuc or ABB or other major industrial robotics manufacturers.

RogerN