Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wood Floor Installation

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:32:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:09:19 -0700, chaniarts

wrote:

On 7/25/2013 12:08 PM, wrote:

There is almost a full box leftover from the installation. There were some bad boards the installers pointed out to me. If some boards were not straight, they could have discarded all the bad ones.

Some folks suggested I upload pictures. Here is one with the gap unfilled and one with it filled.

http://s24.postimg.org/81iwtv191/1_gap.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/lxfuh7tc1/2_filled.jpg

this was the guy's first flooring job?

i'd complain to the company owner.

Should be his LAST.

Yeah, there goes any theory that it's some small thing or that
it might be somehow normal or acceptable. This is a disaster, not
even close to acceptable standards of workmanship and
I sure would not be putting up with it. If the supplier had anything
to do with finding the installer, I would contact the supplier and
show them a pic of this mess. IMO, if you went to small claims with
this, you'd easily win. Of course collecting from the skunk who
installed it could be another story.