Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Box Fan to cool Attic

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:49:25 -0400 (EDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Yeah...I knew what he meant but to some extent I disagree with the
words related to "venting just the attic without drawing air
through the house".

I know you know all of this, but there is no fan that will
specifically vent just the attic. It will be dependent on a
number of factors such as intake vents (soffits, gable, etc) fan
power, tightness of attic/house junction, etc.

If there isn't enough intake openings in the attic itself, the fan
is going to pull air from wherever it can. If the house isn't
tight enough, it's going to pull air from the outside.

To simply say "Consider an attic fan that just vents the attic and
does not suck the outside air through the house" can be
misleading especially to someone unfamiliar to the whole concept
of attic ventilation.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

At 5:45 this morning I gave a basic and correct answer. At 8 AM you
can do the engineering, do a layout, and write the installation
instructions, pick nits.