Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default For harry

On 24/07/13 20:34, harryagain wrote:
"Terry Fields" wrote in message
John Williamson wrote:

Because the worry about whether his solar panels will still work
tomorrow, and whether they will have charged his car up so he can go
shopping has addled his brain.

I dread to ask, but if harry's vision of the ME refusing to sell oil
comes about, then there's going to be restrictions or rationing or
some form of power cuts, in order to make scarce electricity
production match demand. When the latter happens, his solar panels
won't work and it's very likely his car won't get charged up. He
might live in a zero-energy house now, but ISTM that it isn't a house
that runs with zero-energy input.

So, he's actually worse off than the rest of us.

This stuff happened backin the 70's with the miner's strike.
But it was planned.

I have a woodburning stove with a hot plate.
And a four year store of wood.

If the electricity goes off for more than a few days, it will be the end of
civilisation as we know it.
We lived on a remote farm previously that was subject to power failures and
snowings in.
So we can cope. For a while. But most of my neighbours couldn't.
Many don't even have a chimney.

Oh, good.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.