Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Why aluminum prices are up; copper to follow

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 00:04:37 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:15:28 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:32:51 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

snip
So, Golden Sacks is driving aluminum from one warehouse to another,
and then back again, to drive up prices for "warehousing" it.

Meantime, JPMorgan bought up more than half of the copper warehoused
for the US market, planning to do the same thing.
snip

FYI

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100902782

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100905731

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...sner-says.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...3-billion.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...es-review.html

Thanks for the links, George. I'll read them this evening.

Aluminum prices are actually down.

http://www.infomine.com/investment/m...uminum/1-year/

I knew someone would bring that up. g Look at the longer term.
That's what they're talking about.

They're down on the one year, the five year and also on the 24 year charts;
pray tell how long of a term should we be looking at here?

There's a glut of aluminum right now. That's why Golden Sacks is
trying to manipulate the market by keeping as much as they can out of
circulation. They have futures positions to protect, and the rest of
us are paying for it.

As I follow the links that have shown up here, and the stories that
are showing up in the aggregators, it's becoming clear that this whole
thing is all about rigging the market.

This "whole thing" is called "capitalism", and it's been "rigged" since it's
very inception..

I do have to agree however, if not for Goldman Sachs, aluminum prices would
probably be even lower than they are today.