Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default cleaning sulfuric acid stains from brick pavers

"dadiOH" writes:

"Bill's Cart Service"
wrote
in message
roups.com
Have a golf cart business that leaves sulfuric acid
stains on brick pavers after batteries have been charged.
It has the appearence of the color of rust. Customers
are complaining about the stains on their pavers. Any
soulution to remove these stains would be appreciated.

Why/how is acid getting out of the batteries?

I'm trying to figure out what sort of stains you actually have. Your
description of being rust colored has gotten you suggestions on how to
remove rust but I don't think that's what you have. Acids can induce iron
to rust but they don't create it; the opposite in fact.

My best guess is that the acid has dissolved some of the paver surface. If
that's it, no cure.

My thought too, but there is a cure.

First wash with water. If that doesn't clear up the problem, get a
paver puller and some replacement pavers. Done deal.

--
Dan Espen