wch

Default Humidor question

"Victor" wrote in message
ink.net...
Howdy,
Relative newby here. I'm looking to make a humidor for my father in

law
for Christmas. Anybody have advice? In particular, I'm not sure what

kind
of finish to use that would hold up to the higher humidity and wouldn't

have
the potential to change the taste of the cigars.

As for wood, I keep flip flopping, but a few candidates are maple and
walnut. I was also thinking of something more exotic, like zebrawood.
Anybody know of a reason why some woods would be better than others for

this
particular project?

Thanks in advance. Any advice is much appreciated.

Victor