Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Tektronix 7603 Question

"Did you hot plug the modules? If so, that might be your problem. Do not hot
plug the modules.

Oh ****.

Actually that may not be it because it didn't fail when I did it. It's not like staggered pins, you know like the AGP graphics cards, but I can see how a current spike could do it. Another thing occurs to me, if it is operated with no modules at all, shouldn't it display a dot in pretty much the center of the screen ? It does not.

Thanks for the response. It's something I might be able to go on. Instead of checking the PS for the supplies I guess I am going to have to check right at the modules, or plugins. I don't suppose Ratshack is going to have the extenders eh ?

Having the prints I should be able to find test points in the 7B50(s) though. I might have to stick a lead on somewhere and then plug it in and fire it up, but I should be able to test it one way or another. It looks like there are only five sources going in. I'll do that soon and get back.

Thanks.