Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default For harry

On 23/07/2013 19:47, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 22/07/2013 07:00, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
b.com...
On 21/07/2013 21:24, harry wrote:

If what you say about fuel is true the *only* option is nukes.

Dennis, there is no chance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_energy

Look and see what primary energy is.
Just look at the pie chart.

So how do you run a cement factory on solar energy or wind then?
They have start up times measured in days which is rather inconvenient
for
an intermittent source like wind or solar.

That is a chemical processes not power generation. Just as making iron is
chemical process.

Are you really that stupid?
Why do you think they use vast amounts of fuel every day?

It is just not going to be available except at very high cost. Wherever it
comes from.
The islamonuts will soon be cutting off our oil supplies too, you watch.
So we have to move away from energy intensive processes.
Why do you suppose we are moving away from brick/concrete block houses to
timber frame houses?

They require less skill to build.

Why do you suppose the government is promoting energy efficiency,

Because energy efficiency is usually a good idea.

renewables and electric cars?

They are stupid.

I have seen it coming for years as has a minority of others.

My house was energy efficient 30 years ago.
It saves money.

Which is why I have a zero energy house and electric car.

So we can cut off your mains supplies then.