Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Filling in scratches after stain and lacquer

"djc1287" wrote:

Would anyone recommend adding a filler on top of the PU to fill in
the scratches, or is resanding really the only way? Also, what are
the consequences of sanding on wood that already has a couple coats
of PU?

Somehow I think you already know the answer to your question. grin

BTW, if your local lumber yard has a drum sander and will sand your
top for a few $, that's definitely the way to go.

I had a drum sanding shop within about 10 miles which made life easy;
however, looks like he died and the shop was closed since last I used
him.

Never thought about a lumber yard for this contract service.

Guess I'll have to start looking.

Thanks.

Good luck.

Lew