Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default For harry

In message , harryagain
writes

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.co.uk...
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 06:19:54 +0100, harryagain wrote:

And further all primary energy sources are subsidised. Except renewables

I'm sorry, renewables not subsidised?

What is your 42p/unit solar PV payment if not a subsisidy?

What is the payment above the wholesale rate to windmills when they
generate but a subsidy?

What is the payment to wind mills not to generate if not a subsisidy?

Renewables can't be cut off by crazy ayatollas etc in the ME.

But are producing bugger all as I type, it's too dark and there is
**** all wind. In fact we are importing twice as much from France as
wind is producing. Most of our lecky (84%) is currently coming from
coal, followed by nuke then CCGT.

That is because we don't yet have the full range of renewables.
We are notably lacking tidal power.

There will always need to be some gas powered electricity too.
But not oil, coal or nuclear.

Oil and coal will be need for some chemical processes.

And if we bunged up every tidal estuary around the coast of the UK how
much of our energy could we then generate from it?
--
bert