Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Pressure regulator for water to refrigerator

"Bill Gill" wrote in message
I have a problem with my refrigerator. I have extremely high
water pressure and the filter in the refrigerator keeps popping.
Then I have water dripping all over the place. So I just got
a pressure regulator and put it in the line to the refrigerator.
And I have what I should have expected. Nice low pressure when
the water is running, but full line pressure when it is not
running. Is there some kind of small bladder tank or something
of the sort that I could put in the line to make it work right?

I will be thankful for any help.

Bill

If the regulator is working correctly, the pressure should never go above
where it is set even if the water is not flowing. Maybe it is set wrong.
Set it to the minimum pressure, let the water flow and then stop the water.
Then adjust the regulator to the pressure you want. If the pressure drops
when the flow starts back up, the regulator is not rated for that flow. Or
it is bad.