Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default For harry

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 22/07/2013 07:00, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
b.com...
On 21/07/2013 21:24, harry wrote:

If what you say about fuel is true the *only* option is nukes.

Dennis, there is no chance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_energy

Look and see what primary energy is.
Just look at the pie chart.

So how do you run a cement factory on solar energy or wind then?
They have start up times measured in days which is rather inconvenient
for
an intermittent source like wind or solar.

That is a chemical processes not power generation. Just as making iron is
chemical process.

Are you really that stupid?
Why do you think they use vast amounts of fuel every day?

It is just not going to be available except at very high cost. Wherever it
comes from.
The islamonuts will soon be cutting off our oil supplies too, you watch.
So we have to move away from energy intensive processes.
Why do you suppose we are moving away from brick/concrete block houses to
timber frame houses?
Why do you suppose the government is promoting energy efficiency, renewables
and electric cars?
I have seen it coming for years as has a minority of others.
Which is why I have a zero energy house and electric car.
If you don't go down this route in five or ten years you will be f****d.
It might seem expensive/uneconomic at the moment but it won't in the future.

Don't expect too much from frack gas, it will be expensive too and only buy
us a little time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbothermic
So carbon will always be needed for these processes.
And you need coal or oil to make plastics and fertilizer etc.
It's not all simply about energy.