Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default For harry

We will then see how much real support the "green" supliers get from
the population at large. Those on "green" tarrifs now are just
freeloading on the coal/nuke/gas generation whilst lining the pockets
of the "green" suppliers. They simply do not realise just how little
of their "green" electricty comes from "green" sources.

Smart meters are nothing to do with giving people a choice.
Ultimately they about supply led energy management.
The choice will be pay lots if you want to use peak time electricity or
little for off peak electricity.
Which is coming whether you like it or not, renewables or not.
We will all have domestic equipment that will ease this problem somewhat.

And what ever new power sources are developed, we will all pay for the
neglect of governments over the last few decades.

Bit here on projected prices.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewab...United_Kingdom

And which technology is the one that provides the cheapest most reliable
source that we actually have enough resources to use?

A hint its the second cheapest that doesn't require us to have ten amazons
in the UK.

They must have cocked the table up as they don't even have a main body
text that describes it.

I don't entirely agree with that table either.
And no-one can know anything like that with any certitude.