Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Japanese saw with improved grip

On 7/22/2013 5:48 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Joe Riel wrote in :

Has anyone modified a Japanese saw to improve the grip?

I'd try wrapping the handle with a bit of white cloth tape. (Other
colors will probably work, I keep white tape around for the top of my
hockey sticks.) If you need a knob at the end, you can wrap the tape
around several times to form the knob or twist the tape as you're
wrapping it to build up thickness faster.

Puckdropper

I don't know if this would help, but I bought some tennis racket grip
material years ago to make the (poorly-designed) handle on a speaker
cabinet more comfortable. In the bargain, I found that it was a lot
easier to keep a firm grip on it.