Posted to alt.home.repair

Default treating ploywood just in case

On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:44:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:36:48 PM UTC-5, leza wang wrote:

Hi I had fake brick (faux brick) for the front of the house. They put the fake brick on the plywood without mesh or anything!! just the fake brick and cements. We removed all the bricks, now it is only plywood and it is an old one and few places are rotten (back) (I will post pictures). I am going to put a wood panel (from home depot called Smart panel. it is wood siding basically). My question, should i treat the plywood with something to make it better or fix any damage etc before I put the wood panels? I am not going to put any isolation because the siding of the house which were done the same way, i do not think they use isolation. But my concern now, do I need to treat the plywood with a certain material. Thanks a lot

What Leza calls plywood sure looks to me like particle board which is MUCH less resistant to moisture. Am I seeing things correctly?

Yes, I saw that too. It's OSB, not plywood.