Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] swoop1338@gmail.com is offline

Default kitchen floor damaged by chairs with wheels.

Hello Micky,

There is nothing much you can do on vinyl flooring. the problem is inherent for all types of vinyl, plastic or laminated flooring.

As far as patterns are concerned, there is many patterns and designs to pick from.

no one can gurantee the patterns will not be affected by chair wheels. you should consider using chairs without wheels or alternatively, have the top layer sealed with a coat of clear sealeant or protector.

this will minimize damage caused by chair wheels.

hope this helps.

below is a link for your reference.

http://www.kitchenfloor.org/vinyl-floor-tiles/

wheelsOn Sunday, 21 July 2013 11:57:21 UTC+8, micky wrote:
My kitchen is 12' x 12 (if one goes to the wall everywhere despite

appliances and cabinets) ' and it came with a floor made of sheet

vinyl, No seams. The floor looked great when it was 10 or 15 years

old, until I bought two kitchen chairs with casters on them.

The wheels were like a rolling pin, rolling out a pie crust, with the

vinyl pushed ahead of the wheel and after 6 or 9 months the top layer

of the vinyl, where all the decoration is, was falling off.

But I like wheels on the chairs, and I want to get a new one-piece

floor that won't be ruined by wheels.

I was in HDepot tonight and even at 3.25 a square foot, the pattern

layer was a thin layer on a thick layer of plain white vinyl. The

sign bragged about a bunch of features but said not a word about

wheels.

What would you all recomomend that comes in a one-piece sheet but

won't have its pattern ruined by chair wheels?

I'd like to put it down myself if I can.

Although the last time I bought a floor he trimmed it in literally 4

minutes what would have taken me 4 hours. Charged only the current

equivalent of 40 dollars.

Maybe make a stencil from the old floor and cut it to the same

dimensions.

Thanks.