Dave Plowman

Default should unswitched live should as live on a neon screwdriver?

In article ,
Zymurgy wrote:
What you're seeing is inductive coupling between the 'live' wire and
the

Capacitive more likely.

I saw these floats on unterminated earth wires whilst doing my
electrical installations City & Guilds.

But it took completion of my HND in Electrical and Electronic
Engineering to understand why ;-) [1]

I too reckon it's inductive coupling, not capacitive. Although i'm not
saying that metres and metres of dilectric wouldn't hold "some" charge.

I'm not even guessing which it actually is, but if you lay an audio cable
alongside a mains cable - especially one fed from with a dimmer - the
resultant buzz is always called induction.

Perhaps I should have said induced which is suitably vague. Even for this
group. ;-)

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn