Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default DIY car spray paint? not available from dealer or Halfords

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
OK.... stupid question no doubt, but hey... how do I tell whether it
had clearcoat before? It's just a bog-standard Panda with ordinary
non-metallic paint: does that mean 'no'? If so I'm wondering why
paints4u would flog me a repair kit containing the primer, paint and
lacquer?)

Any chips on it which might give a clue? I thought the idea of using a
lacquer over solid colours was short lived - I had a black early '90s BMW
which did. One of the worst paints ever - was covered in stone chips.

I had the SD1 re-sprayed about 5 years ago - again in black - and that is
water based paint with no clear coat. And it's lasting very well.

It might be obvious if you examine an edge with a magnifying glass?

--
*How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.