Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Solid stain cedar siding, spray or brush?

wrote:
On Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:54:01 PM UTC-4, TomR wrote:
I found this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-5tk4GqrY

and this website by the guy who made the video:

http://www.howtopaintahouseright.com/ ,

and they both look like they would be useful.

Thanks for those videos. I had also found some videos that
show spraying and back-brushing, but had not seen this guy's
work. This one is really good because in addition to the
video showing spraying, he has one that shows rolling on the
same house, same siding so you can compare the two methods.

You're welcome. I was glad that I found the videos and I saved them for my
own future use. I started looking at more of his videos yesterday and they
all seem pretty good.

I also went ahead and bought the guy's book on Amazon.com just for kicks.
There is another book about real estate that I wanted to order anyway, but
in order to get there free "super saver" shipping I needed to bring the
order above $25, so I added his book to do that.

His book looks like an easy read and it looks like it talks some about the
painting business in general. While I don't want to have a painting
business of my own, I always thought that with the right training and not a
huge investment, motivated high school seniors or college students could
probably set up a small painting business for themselves as a way to make
money.