Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Does anyone know how the retracting mechainsm works on a (Nikon)digital camera?

I agree with you and say that I have done this to intricate things like Smartphones. What I was wondering was whether it is easy or almost impossibly difficult to take apart a 12MP digital camera. Or is everything very modular, - even if it can be impossible to repair modules themselves? Is anything on this camera likely to be easy to repair, - given how inexpensively they can be bought as repair units?

I am a bit worried that the local camera repairer (who presumably has all the setup and calibration equipment he needs) says that he doesn't do ANY Coolpix repairs. He sends them ALL to Nikon who presumably replace the whole camera 'cos they charge approx the landed price of the new camera for any repair.