Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Exterior of new Kenmore freezer is very hot

On 7/21/2013 10:39 AM, wrote:

roups.com...

I think you should be concerned if the outside temp of the unit is 30F
above the room temp of say, 70F. This would make your freezer exterior
temp around 100F. My Kenmore gets so hot on the exterior that I cannot
touch it. It gets hot mainly on the end where the mechanism is, left as
you face the front of the freezer. I'm planning to find out if this is a
fire hazard and may return my unit. However, the meat on the inside seems
to be frozen solid. Jeff

Yes it is a definite fire hazard. The instruction manual is just
covering for disaster waiting to happen. The OP's house burned down 7
years ago. Return the unit before it is too late!!!!

Do you guys realize you're responding to a post that is 8 years old?

I hadn't noticed until your post.

Another idiot post from the homeowners hub.