Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Beware of "Deep Woods OFF" spray

I was sitting on my deck this am, under the umbrella, reading the newspaper when a bee started coming closer than I liked, ending up flying under the umbrella. My wife brought me our spray can of Deep Woods OFF and I gave a very quick spray in the area of the umbrella, which is over the plastic (lexan?)table that supports it. Bee flew away, paper enjoyed for the next hour or so.
Just now (5PM) went out to set the table for a nice outside supper, and noticed that half of the table was very sticky. Wiping with a wet(water) cloth did not make any difference. So, I resorted to my universal solvent, Naptha. Some medium level sprinking of Naptha, along with some more water and scouring powder and a medium level of rubbing got rid of the stickiness, without scratching the table surface.

The table had been fine when I was reading the paper, so I really was puzzled. Then it came to me, the side of the table that was sticky was the side of the table where there was NO newspaper when I sprayed for the bee.

So 1+1 leads to the conclusion that the OFF spray was what made the table sticky. Fair warning to other folks who use this product!!!