Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Any electronic ballasts for (4) T-12 tubes (4-ft long)??

In article , Home Guy wrote:

Mal Reynolds wrote:

what I'd like to know is how home guy is going to deal with his
insurance companys refusal to pay on a fire that might be caused
by having an improperly wired light fixture that overheats
resulting in a fire

Half of the 3-dozen 4-lamp fixtures I have are mounted to a concrete
ceiling, so you tell me what exactly is the fire threat there.

The other half are mounted _under_ a suspended ceiling.

what's under those fixtures, surely nothing flammable

About 1/4 of all fixtures have had their magnetic ballast replaced with
electronic (so far). All fixtures were originally installed in 1981 or
82.

All lights are turned off when nobody is in the building.

If any lights are on at all, it's between 9-5 on weekdays.