Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need first new roof

"83LowRider" wrote:
JD wrote:
My roof is 60' x 30' with a 15 degree pitch, how much
appx. would that cost? Asphalt shingles, three tab, around
25 year. I've been asking questions at hardware stores.

What kind of terms can I expect from a roofer when I get a new
roof?

I could pay $1200.00 and make payments of $200.00 per month.
Would a contractor be likely to do that?

We just recently replaced this roof in East TN for a total cost
of $7200.
http://s186.photobucket.com/user/83l...tml?sort=2&o=1

Why did you replace that roof? It look great. ;-)

There IS a local roofer running commercials for monthly
payments, but I believe the payments were $289 a month. That
will likely vary according to size and is probably an average price.
YMMV.

We have a local contractor who advertises on the radio all the time. It
doesn't matter what the job is, new 30 year roof - "Only $189 a month";
vinyl replacement windows - "Only $189 a month"; complete basement
remodeling - "Only $189 a month".

Aside from whatever game he's playing with the cost, the commercials are so
boring and repetitive I'd never hire the guy. I know that writing
commercials and putting on a roof are a million miles apart, but if he
can't figure out how to be more creative with his radio ads - like maybe
hire someone else to do them? - then I have a feeling he can't be very
creative on the job. I'm probably making a bad assumption, but a bad first
impression means a lot.