Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Why aluminum prices are up; copper to follow

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:53:55 -0700, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:53:08 -0500, Ignoramus8648
wrote:

snip

My best understanding of the story is that the storage costs are
imposed on commodity speculators who own metal and use it as
collateral, but do not hold it themselves. My heart does not really
hurt for them.

One more thing: The bottom line on all of this is that it has cost us
consumers over $5 billion over the past three years.

--
Ed Huntress

Bunky Hunt redux with different metals.

Think they will get a bailout when it blows up?

Will Bernanke buy up those troubled assets?

Best Regards
Tom.

I don't think it will blow up. The only thing that will get in its way
is new regulations.

What do you think the chances are of that, with his Congress?

Maybe the London Metal Exchange will step in. They can do so if they
want to. The set the warehousing rules for companies that trade on the
LME.

--
Ed Huntress