Posted to alt.home.repair
hot-text hot-text is offline

Default Solid stain cedar siding, spray or brush?

wrote in message
I'm going to paint my house which has cedar siding and trying
to decide whether to just use a brush or use a sprayer and
back-brush it? Any thoughts? One thing I've noticed in working
with the sample colors, the siding has a rough grain and with
a brush it takes some effort and going over it multiple times
to get the stain into all the nooks and crannies. I'm thinking
a sprayer might be better at flying the paint into those spots,
then the brush finishes working it in and smooths it out? Seems
like it could go faster.

But it also seems that spray/brush would work best with two
people, one to spray, one two brush? Don't have a sprayer
either, but looks like I could buy a decent one for under $200.

If you spray get $1,000,000 of Liability Insurance First

http://www.paintsquare.com/news/?fus...n=view&id=3907
http://www.paintsquare.com/standards...n=view&id=1724