Posted to alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] is offline

Default Repair window screens

Higgs Boson wrote:
A careless tenant made holes in the bottom middle of the window screen at the point where it attaches to a (nail) (screw) (whatever) in the window sill.
He did it at the bottom, then reversed the screen and did it at the top. (*(*&&^%$

I'm thinking to cut out pieces from an old screen and "glue" them to the affected areas, after trimming the loose stuff.

Before I go to the trouble, does this August Body think it will work -- and if so, should I just use white glue, or what else?

TIA

HB

A careless tenant, I'm shocked...shocked I tell ya. Patch it or take
the screen off and store it till they move out then have it fixed and
put it back, or have it fixed now and put the bill on next month's rent
so he won't be so careless next time. The sooner they learn the less
it will cost you.