Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Phoena is offline

Default HDTV

On 07/13/2013 07:52 PM, Humbled Survivor wrote:
My cable tv company switched the signal to HDTV, so naturally my tube TV
doesn't pick up the signal. All I get is fuzz.

I have found not one converter that switches HDTV back down to analog. All
the ones on the market are for antennas only. They try to dupe you that it
converts a coaxial cable HDTV signal from the cable company to analog, but
none of them do that.

It's like taking an upgrade from the past and downgrading it to the past
again. Nobody is making such junk. Prove me wrong, but I have found
nothing.

The only solution I have in sight is to buy an HD TV for hundreds of
dollars.

I've been checkmated.

Did you pay your bill?

I don't think they would just shut NTSC off all of the sudden without
sending you an email or snail mail letter which would go something like
this:

Dear Cable T.V. Customer

We wish to inform you that on June 13, 2013, NTSC channels will be
discontinued.

If you are one of the 5 people left in this world that still use an NTSC
television and wish to continue viewing Progressive Car Insurance
Commercials and "How I Met Your Mother" reruns, then you will need to
rent a set top box for an additional fee of $4.95 per month. Remote
controls for are also available for an additional $2.95 per month.

We regret any inconvenience this may of cause you, but shutting down
analog NTSC will be profitable for us in the long run. We're hoping in
the future that the bandwidth now available will allow us to increase
your Internet speed, and charge you more for access. We will be offering
more landlines, which nobody uses anymore and offer even more TV viewing
choices such as On-Demand, where you can watch movies all you want for
24 hours at a cost which is a only a few bucks less that purchasing the
DVD or Blu-Ray and owning it forever. Additionally look for even more
channels which will be on their own tier, adding yet another monthly
charge to your already expensive bill. These channels offer you the
latest in Cell Phone commercials and sports you don't care about and old
reruns of shows you got sick of in 1990.

We thank you for being a loyal cable subscriber and we look forward to
you and your family going without groceries for 2 weeks so we can get
richer than we already are.

Sincerely Yours,

The CableCo.