Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

mcp6453 wrote:

The motor is still on the saw, but I can't get to it at the moment.
There's too much junk in front of it. When I get to it, hopefully
soon, I will get better information. Most of the purpose of my post
was to learn whether there is any reason to waste time on it. It
sounds like there may be. At least the saw may be interesting to
someone else if I decide to give it away.

Radial arm saws are available free frequently on Craigslist and freecycle. Many
are newer than yours. If you want a usable one, that might be a better approach.

I wish I had never wasted the money on mine. A table saw is a way more useful
tool to me. A mitre saw does almost anything a radial arm saw has ever done for
me.