Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Snake kitchen sink too often

Higgs Boson wrote:
Had to call plumber to snake kitchen sink.

Looked back in check book-- had it done in FEBRUARY! Each time, plumber said it was grease and ? sludge?

That is TOO OFTEN! Never used to need it more than every 3-4 years.

I try very hard NOT to put grease down the sink! I scrape grease into the garbage can before I soak fry pan in soap & water. I hardly use disposal at all; scrape food into compost jar.

Asked plumber what I could put down drain periodically to remedy situation.
He suggested bleach. I asked how much & how dilute, if at all. Didn't get clear answer.

Group, what has been your experience? What do you recommend?

TIA

HB

Hi,
You know what your problem is, be careful what you try to wash down
there. Do you have garburator? Only time I need to snkae the sink drain
was when tea ball is accidentally sucked down. I took care of it myself.
Rented an auger from HD rental dept. Also don't use hot water when using
disposal unit.