Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Weedkiller / root killer

"ss" wrote in message
I am recently re laying some 2 x 3 slabs and replacing some badly laid
concrete with matching slabs, under the concrete there is a network of
roots, mostly fine stuff but a few at a 1cm thickness. What is the best
way to deal with this, ideally one of the weedkillers that will kill it off
and prevent regrowth for as long as possible. The roots belong to
trees/shrubs/ivy which is on the other side of my wall and the roots have
over the years forced their way through onto my land so I cant attack by
spraying the leaves as the shrubs are not my property.

Any ideas

Chop them off, dig them out. You need a few inches of
scalpings/chippings/coarse sand under your new slabs anyway.
You can put some weedproof fabric down the hole before you put in the
scalpings. Not that is works so good anyway.

If you kill your neighbour's trees with weedkiller you won't be popular.