Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gaah! Can't they make anything that lasts...

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 00:35:38 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

On 18 Jul 2013 22:12:20 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 23:06:30 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

And the B&Q flexconnector still has a weep rate of about 5 drops in 10
minutes. I'm hoping that will seal itself off in a day or 3. Dare not
tighten that compression joint any more.

The advantage of living in an area like Sussex, where the hard water
means it probably will seal!

JOOI, where does Sussex's water come from? Our water traditionally was
very hard, mainly from deep wells in magnesian limestone, but more
recently is chiefly from river abstraction and a few large impounding
reservoirs.

Underground chalk aquifers.

It was a revelation the first time we went on holiday in a soft water
area...used far too much soap!