Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Zimmerman cleared of all charges

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:16:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:58:15 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:21:34 -0400, "Charlie"
wrote:

I would vote to convict on charge of negligent homicide

So you would gloss over the evidence, and ignore Zimmerman's right to
self defense. Got it.

The judge tell the jury what they can consider. Charges are usually
pretty narrow. If the evidence makes the case, it is easy to convict.
If it does not, you must acquit even if you think the defendant is
guilty of something. Jurors don't get to figure that out.

I understand. Self Defense is included in the jury instructions. As I
mentioned before, O' Mara made a smart tactical move in closing
statements when he suggested the jury to start (first consider) with
the SD portion of the instructions.

If SF was true the 2nd / manslaughter would not apply (paraphrased).

http://my.firedoglake.com/mason/2012/07/12/zimmerman-jury-instructions-for-second-degree-murder-and-self-defense/

"...All state and federal trial courts use sets of pattern
instructions that are submitted to juries to follow during their
deliberations. The instructions define legal terms, the elements of
the crimes charged and the relevant defense claimed by the defendant.
They also include a presumption of innocence, burden of proof, and
definition of reasonable doubt instruction that is given in all
criminal cases."