Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator "cross over" switch installation costs

On 7/16/2013 6:37 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:13:18 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And, this is the result of the government interfering in commerce. If the gas stations could charge a free market price for fuel during hurricanes, they would have incentive to put in generators. But no, and so everyone runs out of gas, and pushes the car to the side of the road. Thank you, government, for making a disaster even worse than it needed to be.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

.

"Pete C." wrote in message ...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The problem that I see is that many of the stations are operated by

small dealers and to spend $5000 to $10,000 for generation does not

have a payback. It could if they were allowed to jack the price a

buck when operating from generators.

They could increase the price some while on generator. Most states price

gouging laws limit the increase rather than preventing any increase.

You're absolutely right. Why would anyone load up a truck with
generators and drive from Iowa to NJ to sell them, if they can't
charge whatever they want for them? And it brings in more supply.
If you encouraged that, more people would do it, there would be
more coming in, more vendors to choose from, and the price would
come down. Would I load up a truck and drive to a state where I
thought I might be arrested? Hell no.

If I had a great deal of money to play around with and because I'm an
anarchist at heart who will give the finger to government whenever I
get the chance, I would open a warehouse store and stock it with the
kind of nonperishable supplies needed during natural disasters. The
difference would be, my prices would be ridiculously high all the time
and advertized that way. Of course no one would buy anything except

TDD