Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cat5 - Shielded or not

On 17/07/2013 13:50, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 05:19:09 -0700 (PDT), RzB wrote:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/n.../powerline/tl-
wpa281kit.html

Is there any reason why that wouldn't work down the SWA and through the
CU in the studio?

Both plugin so you have something like:

House ring MCB/RCD CU RCD SWA CU MCB/RCD Studio ring.

It's the MCB/RCDs that contain series coils that will mess things up.
These things work best on the same ring, noticable degredation across
rings on the same CU. It might work but don't expect 200 Mbps... Not

I do something similar to get data to my workshop. Throughput is not
great, but ok for browsing the web or accessing a few files remotely.

I found I needed to use some "hi power" homeplugs to achieve the link
reliably.

(mine goes through three CUs, three RCDs, one fuse and two MCBs)

--
Cheers,

John.